Tuesday, October 8, 2013

mr. fancy pants

This happened a few months ago, when Sheila, my partner, was pregnant. I was made very familiar with pregnant ladies' clothing. Her wardrobe changed from tight pants, and baby tees to maternity pants, and empire cut dresses.

I was grocery shopping, and I spotted this young man. A student from the looks of it, probably high school. What gave him away were his backpack, and his fresh pimples. He's trying to be trendy, I can tell. You will be able too, if you saw him. He was sporting a faux hawk, I think, or a hairstyle that would make you look like a hipster. He also wore an earring on one ear. Plus Ray-Bans. Yeah, cool. This is what caught my attention - he was wearing one of these:

flowers not included

I had a hard time deciding whether to laugh or be sad. I chuckled. Though I immediately felt sorry for the dude. I was certain that he had no idea if what he was wearing was appropriate, all he cared about was to look cool. Perhaps he was, to his friends who were also oblivious about it. He just went out to go ukay and thought, uy, pag ni-low waist ko to, mukhang harlem pants (these look like harlem pants), which I think are stupid, by the way.

In a related circumstance, in a prom held in a school near us, I saw a dude wearing a ladies' blazer instead of a suit. Maybe these two were buddies.

I might be missing out on a trend. Maybe I should start wearing a skirt.

5 comments:

  1. That is so mean :D -vhal

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While reading this I imagined the same thing. To laugh or to be sad for him. Masaya basahin tong mga to ha. haha - Inedit ko. Parang mali e lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, thanks for reading. dami ko kasi kwento na napapanis lang e, nakakalimutan ko. stuff na parang madali idisregard, pero masaya pala pag inisip mo ng malalim.

      Delete