Thursday, October 31, 2013

go, go, go, ale, ale, ale!

I was quietly writing the previous blog when this blasted out of the speakers of the school near us:
Do you really want it?
Do you really want it?
Do you really want it?
Go, go, go, ale, ale, ale!
Go, go, go, ale, ale, ale!
Go, go, go, here we go, yeah!
I soon discovered that it was the school's foundation day. It wasn't the best song choice for background music, but I didn't really mind it. But suddenly, "clap clap clap, thank you for that great performance, students". I paused and tried to digest what I just heard. Someone, or a group actually performed to the tune of Ricky Martin's Cup of Life.

certified platinum and gold around the world, really? wow.
Imagine 30 some year old people dancing, complete with costumes and with faces displaying determination, perseverance, courage, and all that good stuff about victory. I regret not seeing the performance, it would've been hilarious, and perhaps, a little bit inspirational. Well, no, not inspirational.

I wasn't sure if what I heard and experienced was real. All I thought was, "Where am I? 1998"?





No comments:

Post a Comment